Saturday, March 15, 2014

Lynn Viehl - The Clockwork Wolf (2014)

This is book two in Viehl's Disenchanted & Co series and absolutely the best Steampunk novel I have ever read. It's just so full of ingenious ideas, inventions and fun plots. I could not put the book down, resented every interruption by my family and was completely devastated when I finished reading and realised I'd probably be waiting a YEAR for book three!

In this adventure Kit investigates rampaging mechanised wolfmen and finds much more of a plot than she initially thought possible, one that almost destroys the city of Rumsen. It's magic and steam-powered machinery in a Victorian era Toriana (America). The imagery is beautiful and doesn't overwhelm the story, just enhances it. The plot is superb and completely unexpected, yet believable. If you're a Steampunk enthusiast you cannot do better than this series.

No comments: